Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Update

I just rode this coaster over the summer ):




 I hope everyone in affected by Sandy is safe and well, I know a lot of people in Jersey with me are really struggling now, and my heart goes out to all on the shore, Long island, Staten island, and an other area affected by the hurricane. Its so sad to see the places I've grown up in destroyed and its heartbreaking to hear stories from my friends and family in NY and those who live closer to the shore than I do, but it will get better. The shore will rebuild! I'm fortunate enough to have only lost power for a week and still have my house, because there are so many people I know personally who had beautiful houses on the shore that are now sand lots because the storm.

Oh, and this 5 inches of snow that were experiencing right now isn't helping all the power lines and trees with leaves either.

Thinking back to the weekend when I was cracking jokes with others about how this storm is gonna be no big deal really makes me eat my words. I didn't realize that some of the people I would be joking with would loose everything they had a day later, but no one expected this hurricane to leave Jersey in the disaster that it did, and it has affected EVERYONE here, whether you lost a house or lost a tree in your yard. We need to come together and help each other, and I will try to get my old clothes, canned food, and pet supplies out to the shelters as soon as possible. If you live in the tri-state area, any help you offer will not go unappreciated.
Stay safe through this snow storm.

JERSEY STRONG & STRONG ISLAND UNITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment