Saturday, October 27, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Chili


Hey guys! So this last week school's been really stressful for my boyfriend, Jimmy, and me. We have so much work during the week and no down time, and the inability for us to be with each other during the week, because of the 2 hour driving distance we live from each other, makes it that much harder. But luckily we allotted ourselves an extended weekend each week for this semester, (Thursday night - Sunday morning) when he ventures to my house for the weekend and finally get our time to be together and relax. That's why I decided to make him a good meal that would be ready for him on his arrival. After finding this great recipe online for Buffalo Chicken Chili from Closet Cooking, I knew this would be the a great surprise for him to come "home" to, (home because he lives here more than he does at his reg. house).


The only changes I made to the recipe was adding spicy chicken seasoning and curry instead of the cumin (simply because I don't like cumin) and used 2/3 cup of buffalo and hot sauce mixture (instead of the 1/2 cup the recipe recommends). If you really like spicy stuff, I recommend using 2/3 cup of whatever spicy mixture you mix up - it was the perfect amount of heat!!

No lie, Jimmy said it was the most amazing chili he has ever had in his life, and we downed the whole pot just the 2 of us.  And I also made Garlic Biscuits of the side just by brushing olive oil and Italian seasoning on the biscuits before baking. So amazing, and definitely will be made again.


As for me, Jimmy and I have been on a Halloween kick and taking full advantage of the season. Definitely the best fall ever, and my checklist is almost complete! I will definitely be uploading those posts soon, in the meantime check out Closet Cooking for more amazing recipes  this guy has tons of creative spins and they taste so good!

Enjoy!
- Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment